- Jackpot slot
- 4 bonus rounds
- 4 modifiers
- Low RTP of 92.66%
True of any Blueprint Gaming title, the Worms Reloaded slot is packed with features, including reel modifiers and multiple bonus rounds. It is based on the incredibly popular Worms video game which was first released in 1995 on the Amiga platform. The game has since gone on to be developed in many ways, including the creation of this fun and immersive online slot. The Worms Reloaded slot RTP is just 92% which is very much on the low side. In this review, we look at the bonus rounds, the in-game features and much more.
The Reel Modifiers
The Worms Reloaded slot is the sequel to the original game, just titled Worms. One of the many upgrades includes the addition of reel modifiers. If you don’t know what these are, they are like mini bonus rounds that can trigger on any spin. It happens when the Worms grenade shakes and explodes at the top of the reels, but keep in mind that it can tease by shaking and not actually triggering.
There are 4 modifiers in total, and you can get any at any given time. Some are better than others, but none guarantee a big win, you still need luck on your side. The features are:
- Teleport Mayhem – The reels will spin as normal, but a worm will appear and move the symbols into more favourable positions for winning combinations. The worm will do this once, or several times, and the better the symbol, the higher it pays.
- Concrete Donkey Wilds – Full-length concrete donkey wilds will cover an entire reel, anywhere from one to four. This can pay well, but you need the wilds to fall in the right place, and the surrounding symbols to make good combinations.
- Holy Hand Grenade – This is essentially a bonus re-spin, as extra bonus symbols are added to the reels. You need a bonus symbol on reels 1, 3 and 5, and this feature already fills in the first 2. As well as filling these in, you have a higher chance of triggering the third and winning a bonus.
- Banana Bomb Wilds – A banana bomb will explode, adding random wild symbols across the reels. This can be one of the most valuable, but again, it will depend on how many wilds there are, and where they land.
With both the Concrete Donkey Wilds and Banana Bomb Wilds, you may also get an extra re-spin. You know this is happening as the worm fires a bazooka and the word re-spin will appear on the screen. This gives you a chance to win all over again.
Worms Reloaded Bonus Rounds
As well as these great modifiers, there are still, of course, full bonus rounds that can be triggered. This is done when you land 3 bonus symbols during any spin. There are 4 bonuses in total, and they are:
- Battleground Bonus – This is the standard pick and reveal bonus feature. You will choose different landmines which will reveal a stake multiplier until you find a collect. You can also trigger a better behind one of the mines, but it doesn’t happen often.
- Jetpack Bonus – You have 3 UFOs to choose from, each of which will reveal a number of stakes to take towards the wormhole. Each step closer increases the stake multiplier you will win. Reveal a landmine to end the feature, or a wormhole to be taken straight to the big money bonus, where you can win up to 1,000x your stake.
- Blitz Blast Free Spins – Free spins bonuses are great, but unlimited free spins are even better. This is what you get with this bonus round. A worm is strapped to a rocket, and each time you land a match lighting symbol, the closer the rocket gets to take off. As you work your way through, the multiplier will increase from 1x to 5x, and it can go on as long as possible until the rocket reaches take off.
- Super Sheep Free Spins – You are awarded 6 free spins, and flying worms will add wilds to one, two, or three reels. If there are enough wilds in the right places, you can win big on this one. At the end of your 6 spins, you will be given the chance to choose from 3 grenades. This will either result in a collect, or 6 additional free spins to continue.
If all of these bonuses aren’t enough for you, the Worms Reloaded slot is also part of the Jackpot King series. This means that on any spin, you can trigger the Jackpot King round, with the chance to win the top prize that often surpasses £1 million.
It’s a mini game within a game, and involves taking spins and collecting crowns. The more crowns you get, the higher your stake multiplier gets. If you’re lucky enough, you will reach the top for a spin at the big one. This is an extra bit of excitement to an already very enjoyable game.
Worms Reloaded Slot Review: Conclusion
If you like Blueprint Gaming slots, you will love Worms Reloaded. They have a very distinct way of playing, and this is no exception. From a load of modifiers and bonus rounds, right through to the Jackpot King prizes, there’s a lot to play for. The theme, sounds and graphics is nostalgic of the original game, and we were very impressed with every area in our Worms Reloaded slot review.